- Use your own words whenever possible
- Use quotation marks for direct quotes
- Use bullet points
- Write in sentence fragments
- Start with the resources on this guide & use a variety of resources
- Use at least 3 sources - not including encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Evaluate the information you find outside of this guide - only use reliable sources
- Find the best information for your needs
- Use the graphic organizer provided by your math teacher
- Keep track of your sources - the source for each note should be clearly identified
- Cite your sources as you go
- Use NoodleTools to create your Works Cited page
Who - Who is the author? Are they an expert? What are their credentials?
What - What is the purpose of the site? What information is included and does this information differ from other sites?
When - When was the site created? When was it last updated?
Where - Where does this information come from?
Why - Why is this information useful for my purpose? Why should I use it? Why is it better than another source?
*Based on Kathy Schrock's worksheet