Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Most of these resources require no logging in when you are on campus.
To log in to any of these resources off campus, please consult the
Please alert Ms. Murphy if you have any issues accessing any resource.
Requesting Books Remotely
1. Request a Book Bundle. Complete this form to share your preferences and Ms. Murphy will select three books for you. These books will be delivered to your classroom Friday morning. Keep any you like, return those you don’t want!
2. Explore the catalog on your own by searching our Destiny Discover library catalog. Once you’re ready to place a hold, login with Google using your BC email address. Any holds placed before 8am Friday morning will be delivered to your classroom that day! You can place up to 5 holds at a time.
Books can be returned on Fridays in the green return bin which will be placed outside the main staircase entrance to the library.
Online Reading Resources
OverDrive Digital Library
Use your public library card information to access even more ebooks and audiobooks.
Sora Digital Library
OverDrive is being phased out soon in favor of Sora. The same collection is available, with a slightly different interface. Take a look!
Visit the Tech Wiki for Students to find instructions on adding the BC Library to your phone.
Destiny Discover (Upper School)
Browse and search our catalog of books in the library!
To place a hold, log in with your BC Google account.
NoveList Plus (Ebsco)
Search this database for book descriptions, reviews, and read-a-likes to find your next favorite book!
The New York Times
All Berkeley Carroll students, faculty, and staff have full complimentary access to NYTimes.com and NYT mobile apps, thanks to our school-wide library subscription. We encourage you to take advantage of the world-class journalism of The New York Times to enrich your educational experience.
To activate your account:
- When you are on campus, visit nytimes.com/grouppass
- Create an account using your BC email address
- When you see "START YOUR ACCESS", the expiration date of your access will appear (one year from today).
To activate your account while off-campus, follow these instructions.
What Ms. Murphy is Reading
A Promised Land by
In the stirring, highly anticipated first volume of his presidential memoirs, Barack Obama tells the story of his improbable odyssey from young man searching for his identity to leader of the free world, describing in strikingly personal detail both his political education and the landmark moments of the first term of his historic presidency--a time of dramatic transformation and turmoil.
Mirrors and Windows Reading Guide